Do all high income producers have high job satisfaction? No! But the ones who do are significantly more likely to agree with the following statements concerning their parents:
1. Encouraged me to think outside the box.
2. Taught me to never follow the crowd.
3. Encouraged me to take leadership roles.
4. Encouraged me to be proactive, to take the initiative.
5. Often told me “you will be a success.”
6. Taught me about the importance of saving and investing.
7. Encouraged me to earn my own spending money.
Success Factor 7 in The Millionaire Next Door states that “they chose the right occupation.” This is not surprising given the fact that their parents touted the benefits of independent thought.