Do all high income producers have high job satisfaction? No! But the ones who do are significantly more likely to agree with the following statements concerning their parents:
1. Encouraged me to think outside the box.
2. Taught me to never follow the crowd.
3. Encouraged me to take leadership roles.
4. Encouraged me to be proactive, to take the initiative.
5. Often told me “you will be a success.”
6. Taught me about the importance of saving and investing.
7. Encouraged me to earn my own spending money.
Success Factor 7 in The Millionaire Next Door states that “they chose the right occupation.” This is not surprising given the fact that their parents touted the benefits of independent thought.
2 thoughts on “Enlightened Parents Teach Their Children the Benefits of Independent Thought”
Thank you for sharing this information! My mum and dad have encouraged me in all seven areas listed. This is such an excellent reminder that I already have many of the tools to reach success. With youth on my side the future looks bright.
So glad you are posting again. I’ve been missing your blog entries. This one is an AWESOME reminder for us parents…#5 is especially important.